Chef Claudia Sandoval
Discover all of our delectable recipes
TAJÍN® Apple Galette
- Serving for: 8
1 package of pre-made Pie Crust
¼ cup granulated sugar for sprinkling
TAJÍN®, for sprinkling
For the Filling:
2 lb. granny smith apples, peeled and cored
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. Tajín
1 1/2 Tbs. cornstarch
Zest of one lemon
Preheat oven to 375° F
1. Begin by rolling out piecrust dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 12-inch circle. Place dough on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
2. Meanwhile, slice apples into 1/8” slices and put in a medium bowl. Toss together with the lemon juice and zest, sugar, cornstarch, and TAJÍN®.
3. Place the apples at the center of the pie dough and arrange for a beautiful presentation, leaving a 1 ½” border around the outside.
4. Pleat the edges of the dough over the apples in a rustic fashion.
5. Whisk your egg and brush over the pleated dough and sprinkle with sugar and TAJÍN®. Sprinkle left over sugar and Tajín over apples.
6. Bake until the apples are tender and the crust is golden brown, approximately 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes before moving to cooling rack. Cool completely or serve warm.