Chef Claudia Sandoval
Discover all of our delectable recipes
Tajín Strawberry Honey Hearts
- 20 - 30 min
- Serving for: 9
1 puff pastry sheet (10" X 15" X 1/8")
1 lb. ripe strawberries, sliced
6 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
2 tbsp honey
½ teaspoon Tajín
1 egg + 1 tablespoon of wate
Baking Cookie Sheet
Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
Makes 9 - 3” Hearts
Preheat oven to 400°F
1. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Unfold puff pastry sheet on the parchment paper and cut out 9 hearts. Remove excess.
3. Whip Cream Cheese a handheld beater. Spread to the center of each heart in the shape of a heart leaving a ½ inch edge. Add strawberry slices in shape of a heart over cream cheese.
4. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork and brush the edges of the pastry sheet with the egg mixture. Discard any remainder.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the hearts are golden brown and flaky. Allow the hearts to cool completely.
6. In a small bowl mix honey and Tajin. Drizzle Honey Tajin mixture over strawberries creating the perfect glaze.